CLASP promotes all facets of Latin American studies nationwide. CLASP fosters global competency, language proficiency and cultural awareness of Latin America and the Caribbean, drawing upon interdisciplinary and area expertise.
CLASP encourages excellence in teaching and program development; organizes workshops at national and regional conventions; develops curriculum materials; promotes teaching of less commonly taught languages; recognizes exemplary children’s and young adult literature; and supports K-12 and post-secondary professional development.
- Network with colleagues from diverse Latin American Studies programs
- Collaborate with member institutions
- Participate in innovative panels, workshops, and conferences
- Expand the reach of teaching and programming
- Share information with other members
- Access resources on interdisciplinary Latin American area studies