Deadline for 2024 submissions: January 31, 2024.
- The book must be published in 2023.
- The title may be for primary or secondary reading levels.
- Language of publication may be English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, or any language indigenous to the Americas.
- The book must be published in the United States or by a publisher with offices within the U.S.
- Submissions may be fiction, poetry, folklore, or selected non-fiction.
- A book will only be considered in its first year of publication in the United States. A book originally published in the U.S. in English with a translated edition in a subsequent year will only be eligible the first year of the edition.
To nominate a 2023 copyright title, publishers are invited to submit eight copies of the nominated book to the Américas Review Committee Members (including the ex-officio members) and the Award Coordinators by January 31, 2024. There is no entry fee.
The list of award winners, honorable mention and commended titles will be announced in May 2024, recognizing works published in in the previous year.