Now Accepting Submissions for the 2017 Américas Award!
• The book must be published in 2016.
• The title may be for primary or secondary reading levels.
• Language of publication may be English, Spanish, Portuguese, or any language indigenous to the Americas.
• The book must be published in the United States or by a publisher with offices within the U.S.
• Submissions may be fiction, poetry, folklore, or selected non-fiction.
• A book will only be considered in its first year of publication in the United States. A book originally published in the U.S. in English with a translated edition in a subsequent year will only be eligible the first year of the edition.
To nominate a 2016 copyright title, publishers are invited to submit nine copies of the nominated book to the Américas Review Committee Members (including the ex-officio members) and the Award Coordinators by January 2, 2017. There is no entry fee.
The list of award winners, honorable mention and commended titles will be announced in the spring, recognizing works published in in the previous year. The formal award presentation is held during Hispanic Heritage month at the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. in the fall. Read more about the award ceremony here.
For more information about the Américas Award guidelines and process, please review the Award Guidelines .